Monday, August 17, 2009

First Post

My name is Erin Chupek. I am married and have three daughters ages 13, 10, and 6. Our family lives in Fairhope. I teach 2nd grade at Mobile Christian School. My husband stays busy with our three family owned collision repair facilities. In my spare time I am a middle school cheerleading coach, and Bible class teacher. We attend the Eastern Shore church of Christ. I'm taking this course to get my Alabama teaching certificate reinstated. My certificate expired while I was busy being a mom. I have completed all the other requirements to have my certificate reinstated except this last course! I also hope to use the technology knowledge I gain here, in my classroom. I do maintain my own classroom website through Teacher World. I try to duplicate many of the documents that I send home to my parents on my website. I still feel as though I have much to learn about technology in the classroom.

My first experience with computers was in high school. If I remember correctly we had Radio Shack computers in our lab. My Dad always referred to them as trash 80's. I don't really remember what they were called because I have heard him say that so many times. My parents were never "afraid" of technology which has been a blessing to me. My husband on the other hand, had parents that were very afraid of using a computer. He had to bring their family business up to speed or be left behind. He was up to the task. He deals with technology everyday in the automotive industry. Almost every aspect of collision repair uses modern technology everyday. If you don't keep up to date on your training, you will fall behind very quickly. I love to tease him about being a "techno geek", but he's the one that I rely on when I have a question about something. He has the patience to sit and figure it out if he doesn't know how to do something. I get frustrated easily and need to learn more patience!

2 comments: