Friday, November 27, 2009

Personal Learning Network

I have actually had a small PLN for sometime now, although I never referred to it as a learning network. It is a learning network, but I have always thought of it more as an exchange of information from other teachers in my area of interest. I have long been a member of The Second Grade Teachers Club website, where 2nd grade teachers exchange and information. If you have a question, you can post it and other teachers will help locate the information you need. If obtained wonderful resources from that website, as well as helped others that needed information or ideas.

In EDM310 we were asked to build a personal learning network by using twitter and other blog sites. I followed a few blogs, and followed some fellow educators on twitter. Most of the folks I chose to follow on twitter were fellow elementary teachers. But I've also followed some others that were not elementary ed. I also follow some people on twitter that help me from a spiritual perspective since that is a huge part of my life. Listed below are some of my twitter connections, or websites or blogs that I received RSS feeds from. Most of the contacts I made were made through discussion boards on the websites listed below.

Kellycraig
iteachgrade2
TeachPaperless
mritzius
mayfieldz
paulrwood
shirley8153
speters
ReadCloud
prestwickhouse
JackieB
Joeysparks
STEMschool
MITOCW
Harvard_Press
CUPBooks

http://secondgradeclub.ning.com/
http://classroom.jc-schools.net/waltkek/
http://www.mrscarosclass.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment