Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's Time for Technology



Being able to observe the EDM310 videocast from the summer class has been so helpful to me. It's given me a better understanding of the task that is in front of us. I thought the group did a good job. I assume that this is probably the first time that most of these people had participated in a videocast. Of course there are things that I think could be improved, but that's easy for us to do since we are the ones on the outside looking in! I'm already dreading next spring when the EDM 310 class will get to watch our podcast and pick us apart!:)

There were a few things I noticed that I thought would improve the videocast. First of all, I'm not sure that the seating arrangement was the best for a videocast. It forced the ladies that were seated in the front seats to continually face away from the audience since they were looking at the instructor. I thought that maybe a straight table arrangement would have worked better. I did like how each person introduced themselves, but it would have been nice if they could have made eye contact with the camera while doing so. It also seemed that two or three people contributed to the videocast, and a couple of the the others did not participate as much. Maybe they could have split up the responses and information a little more equally between the contributors. Hopefully we can take all these ideas into account while forming our class podcasts and try to improve upon the ones done in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment